The Learning Connection (TLC) is a wonderful place for a child to learn. Highly qualifiedteachers and a network of support specialists offer each student a warm supportive environment. The aim is to nurture each student toward specific individual and group goals. Often times in a “traditional” classroomsetting, children with specific learning needs may not get the attention they require. At TLC your child will have our FULL attention.
TLC offers an alternative school for children who have a variety of learning needs.
We offer enriched teacher to student ratios, allowing us the opportunity to give each student our undivided attention.
Children are taught individually and in small groups. By utilizing a team of specialists, a comprehensive individualized learningprogram is created for each student.
Because TLC is developmental in nature, there is no set curriculum. Rather, each child’s learning program will take into consideration developmental levels and individual needs. The learning program focuses on the following:
- Numeracy Concepts
- Communication and Language Skills
- Social Skills
- Movement and Sensory Issues
The Learning Connection is committed to enhancing the social, emotional, physical and academic talents of each child, regardless of learning differences or disabilities.
- We Give Children A Supportive Learning Environment
- We Teach Through Meaningful and Relevant Activities
- We Give All Children an Opportunity to Succeed
- We Respect and Celebrate Individual Differences
- We Support Individual Learning Styles
- We Communicate and Collaborate Extensively Between Parents, Teachers and Students